Tuesday 3 May 2016

Day 51

CD#219 Juliet Turner - People Have Names

Her most recent (2008) and possibly her last, which would be sad. Having said that she's done some great work, so I shall be grateful for that.

CD#220 The Smiths - The Smiths

I remember being stunned by this album when I first heard it, not sure quite to make of the amazing contrast between the music and the vocals/lyrics which were like nothing I'd heard before. Superb and unsettling in equal measure.

CD#221 McAlmont & Butler - Bring It Back

This is their second and probably final album, 7 years after the first, though Wiki says they played some gigs together last year, so you never know.

CD#222 Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle

Depending on my mood (and also which one I'm listening to at the time) this is either the best or second best Springsteen album. Either way it's always good to hear it.

CD#223 Steely Dan - The Royal Scam

Whenever I get round to listening to Steely Dan I always enjoy it, so it's puzzling I don't do it more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment