Wednesday 11 May 2016

Day 59

CD#261 The Costello Show featuring the Attractions and Confederates - King Of America

The first without (apart from one song) The Attractions - it's none the worse for that, despite my preference for most of his work with them.

CD#262 Thelonious Monk - Monks Moods

69 tracks on 4 CDs covering his career from 1947 to 1955.

CD#263 The Vapors - Turning Japanese (The Best Of The Vapors)

This includes all of the excellent first album (which I have on vinyl) and some of the second album (which I don't), plus my favourite Vapors B-side - the live version of Here Comes The Judge.

CD#264 Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds

Wonderful, magical, remarkable - as a youth I used to put my vinyl version of this on my stereo in my bedroom and turn the light off so I could concentrate on listening. A superb cast (and band) performing a brilliant piece of work

No comments:

Post a Comment