Thursday 12 May 2016

Day 60

CD#265 Pink Floyd - Animals

I was reminded while listening to this of a song by The Leyton Buzzards called No Dry Ice Or Flying Pigs, which I'm currently listening to on YouTube - great fun!

CD#266 Fairport Convention - Fairport Convention

Their first album, and quite different from their other work. Sandy Denny joins after this and they write a lot more of their own songs, moving away from US folk rock to something a little more British.

CD#267 Black - Wonderful Life

Tinged with sadness due to his recent demise, this kicks off with the title track - which is a lovely song and one that means it'll be a long time before he's forgotten. R.I.P. Colin Vearncombe.

CD#268 Iggy Pop - Lust For Life

My all-time favourite Iggy album, one I used to listen to a lot as I used to put it on my bedroom stereo cranked up full and drum along to it.

CD#269 Show Of Hands - Roots: The Best Of Show Of Hands

I saw them once playing to about 50 people behind a pub in Lympstone, Devon - huge fun.

CD#270 Various - Now That's What I Call Northampton Vol 1

A collection of tunes from Northampton's finest. 

CD#271 Moses - Golden Flatts

Last to be played and their last album. It's just as good as the first, and a pretty good way to sign off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment