Tuesday 31 May 2016

Day 78

CD#339 Joni Mitchell - Song To A Seagull

Her debut, the vocals recorded while she sang into the space above the strings of a grand piano (producer David Crosby's idea).

CD#340 Little Steven and The Disciples Of Soul - Men Without Women

Miami Steve Van Zandt's first solo album. Not a huge commercial success but I really like it.

CD#341 The Jam - Sound Affects

Great fun from start to finish.

CD#342 The Smiths - Hatful Of Hollow

Mostly BBC sessions plus a couple of singles - as good as anything they did.

CD#343 R.E.M. - Green

Stand is my favourite track, but there's not much I dislike about this.

CD#344 Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True

The debut album, backed by country rock band Clover but none the worse for that.

CD#345 XTC - Black Sea

Probably my favourite, there are some cracking songs on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment