Monday 27 June 2016

Day 105

CD#449 Elvis Costello - Brutal Youth

This was the first album to feature all of The Attractions in eight years, they toured and released a second album before Bruce Thomas ended his association with EC completely.

CD#450 Hensley & Wright - Glass Bridges

A quick search reveals that more often then not it's Chris Newman & Stella Hensley these days, but they're occasionally joined by Johnny "Magic Boy" Wright with whom she recorded this.

CD#451 Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds

Music written and recorded for the soundtrack to a film La Vallée, just before it all took off with Dark Side Of The Moon.

CD#452 Small Faces - Best Of

A 14 track compilation. I've left a few Best Of CDs out because I subsequently bought most of what was on them, but there are quite a few really good Small Faces songs on here that I haven't already heard, and while I heard Afterglow on CD#41 back on Day 9 I'm more than happy to hear it again.

CD#453 The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics

Their eleventh album, the most recent of the three of theirs that I own - I should buy some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment