Thursday 30 June 2016

Day 108

CD#463 Mott The Hoople - Greatest Hits

Ian Hunter started his career with a band based in Northampton and was an apprentice at British Timken, a mile or so from where I live. Eleven tracks is quite meagre for a Greatest Hits, but worth it for Roll Away The Stone on its own.

CD#464 Bob Marley and The Wailers - Mellow Moods

40 tracks on 2 CDs, bought from . . . where else ? Exmouth Indoor Market.
Not by any means a Greatest Hits and none the worse for that.

CD#465 Supertramp - Retrospectacle

Another compilation, 32 tracks on 2 CDs this time and very much a Greatest Hits collection, with lots of great songs.

CD#466 Barenaked Ladies - Disc One 1991-2001

A collection of most of their singles released in the first 10 years of the band. 

. . . and until I buy some more CDs that's that.

I gave myself 32 weeks (4 CDs a day, 5 days a week) and finished in less than 16, which has surprised me, as I wasn't keeping note.

If I'd planned things better/at all, then I wouldn't have finished with four compilations, but such is life. It's been fun, mostly, and there are a number of albums that I'll look at with more fondness than I had before I started, some that will always be favourites and some that will almost certainly never be listened to again . . . at least I gave them one more try.



No comments:

Post a Comment