Thursday 16 June 2016

Day 94

CD#407 Queen - News Of The World

A few years ago I was given an old ukulele that came out of an elderly relative's loft, in the case there was the centre spread from a News Of The World printed in 1911, on which was the music for a song called The Spaniard Who Blighted My Life, plus ukulele chords.

CD#408 Days Of Worth - The Western Mechanism

Back when I was making guitars I made a pair for the two guitarists in this band, one of which appeared in a piece they did in Metal Hammer magazine and the video they did for one of the songs on this album. I was delighted to see a recent YouTube video of a reunion gig where one of them was still being played.

CD#409 Roger Davies - Littletown

Very pleasant acoustic singer-songwriter stuff. I got this as a consequence of a (charity?) gig I did a few years ago that Roger was part of.

CD#410 The White Stripes - White Blood Cells

I started listening to this, having not heard it for ages, thinking that while I like Hotel Yorba and Fell In Love With A Girl, a whole album of that was going to be a challenge, but there's more variety to it than I remembered.

CD#411 Rush - Signals

I'm not a massive Rush fan, so I'm guessing I bought this as one of a 3 for £10 on Exmouth Indoor Market. Despite that I'm enjoying it, so my money didn't go to waste.




No comments:

Post a Comment