Thursday 24 March 2016

Day 11

CD#46 The Himalayans - She Likes The Weather

The band that Adam Duritz left when Counting Crows took off, they're a little bit busier than CC but not so different for Round Here to sound unfamiliar (the Counting Crow version being a cover albeit with the same vocalist).

CD#47 Ruth Theodore - White Holes of Mole Hills

I bought this from Exmouth Indoor Market because the packaging caught my eye and when I looked at her website I discovered I already had one of her earlier albums, which I'd bought from Exmouth Indoor Market because the packaging caught my eye . . .

CD#48 Fastball - All The Pain Money Can Buy

Bought off the back of the single (The Way), which is probably the only Fastball song most people will have heard - there are at least half of the remaining 12 tracks which are just as good, so definitely a result in my book.

CD#49 The Decemberists - The Hazards of Love

The Decemberists are a relatively recent find, which is always fun when you find that the "new" band have a sizeable back catalogue. This is my most recent purchase but their 5th album (of 7) and was begun as a song based on an Anne Briggs EP title, which blossomed into an album with motifs spread throughout and a full tale told. I wasn't sure the first time, but it's grown on me and I like it a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment