Saturday 19 March 2016

Day 6

CD#22 The La's - The La's

Like those who around the time of its release also bought A Brief History Of Time and only got about a third of the way through, I bought this album because of That Song, only to find the rest of the album was a bit rubbish. I have listened to it once or twice since then and my conclusion now is not so much that the rest is rubbish but that That Song is so different in style, performance and production to the others it makes the rest of the album feel like something recorded in another studio at another time, with other musicians. . . it is a bit rubbish though. 

CD#23 Shack - H.M.S. Fable

I doubt I'd buy this album if it was released now. Not because it's particularly bad, there are some very listenable tracks though maybe the vocals are a little weak in places. I bought it because at the time I heard about it that was the only way of finding out if the glowing review was something I agreed with. As it turned out I listened, shrugged and thought "that was ok" and put it away, never to be heard again. Now I'd listen to a couple of songs on YouTube, shrug and think "that was ok" and that would be it.

CD#24 David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name . . .

Groovy.

CD#25 Gene - Drawn To The Deep End

I love this album, Fighting Fit is one of my favourite "get the adrenaline flowing" songs and there are plenty of other great tunes too. Despite that I have never bought anything else by Gene, no idea why, maybe this all I need.

CD#26 Tubeway Army - Tubeway Army

After Tubeway Army with guitars and synths gave way to Gary Numan and the guitars were dropped I lost interest, apart from buying the single Cars. I certainly heard some of the subsequent GN stuff but it didn't thrill me the way this and Replicas did.

No comments:

Post a Comment