Monday 21 March 2016

Day 8

CD#32 Jenny Lewis - Rabbit Fur Coat

First solo album away from Rilo Kiley and a year away from their last (and for me, weakest) album. This probably showed her that she could easily go it alone and maybe hastened the end, as it's pretty good (not sure about the Wilburys cover though).

CD#33 Stereophonics - Just Enough Education To Perform

It's got some good tunes (though it did get a bit much by the end) and it's much more slick (and laid back) than the raw feistiness of Word Gets Around.

Sadly.

CD#34 Sixpence None The Richer - Sixpence None The Richer

There are some nice songs on this besides Kiss Me, and my re-released version also has a cover of That Song originally by The La's.

CD#35 R.E.M. - Murmur

More often than not I prefer a band's early work over their later, more commercial stuff, but in R.E.M.'s case my favourite period is probably between albums 5 and 9, though there is a lot worth listening to either side of that, this included.

CD#36 Nirvana - In Utero

Another one I'd forgotten I'd bought, though 8 songs in I'd say that song for song I prefer Nevermind which might explain why I don't recall it.

CD#37 Fairport Convention - Liege and Lief

A nice relaxing contrast to Nirvana to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment