Sunday 20 March 2016

Day 7

CD#27 Eels - Souljacker

Not on my list of favourite albums, this to me is a bit of a mish-mash of quiet introspection mixed with distortion, both vocals and guitars. It's not awful but there's not much to encourage me to put it on.

CD#28 Catatonia - International Velvet

One or two misses, but mostly great pop tunes sung with husky Welsh-accented passion, Road Rage will always be my favourite Catatonia song but there's more besides, great fun.

CD#29 Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill

A great band for Sunday morning relaxation.

 CD#30 Robert Wyatt - Comicopera

Weird and wonderful. With the 3 for £x offers from Exmouth Indoor Market I often pick up CDs where I like the packaging/artwork, or it's perhaps an artist whose work I'd be unlikely to buy from Amazon, and this is most definitely in both categories, which is how I come to own it. It's not a CD for putting on while doing your accounts as it demands much more of your attention if you're going to get from it all it's got to give.

CD#31 Nic Jones - Penguin Eggs

Some great playing amidst the tales of sailors, lost loves and all the typical trials and tribulations of characters found within folk songs. Rightly considered a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment