Saturday 26 March 2016

Day 13

CD#55 The Bluetones - Expecting To Fly

This was released in 1996 and since then I must have listened to it about three . . . times.

Slight Return is the stand out track but it's not enough to raise the album above "it's ok, I guess".

CD#56 Dixie Chicks - Taking The Long Way

I'm not a huge country music fan, but this is pretty good, well played and powerfully sung.

CD#57 Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club

Not sure why I've never bought more than this album, there are some great songs on here, Run, Baby Run being my favourite.

CD#58 Blue Öyster Cult - Secret Treaties

For a long time the only thing I owned of theirs was of course (Don't Fear) The Reaper, but a few years ago I bought this album. According to Wikipedia, in 1975 a poll of critics of the British magazine Melody Maker voted Secret Treaties as the "Top Rock Album of All Time", so there you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment