Tuesday 5 April 2016

Day 23

CD#99 Paul Simon - Surprise

Perhaps not as coherent as some of his albums, this still has some interesting music and a definite Paul Simon feel to it.
Wiki says there's a new album out this month and the last album is supposed to be pretty good too.

CD#100 OP8 - Slush

Another random purchase, this time it was a Quietus piece listing Stewart Lee's 13 favourite albums - I'm yet to try to understand The Fall and I own one or two of the others, so I picked this one and bought it s/h from Amazon.

CD#101 Fun Lovin' Criminals - Come Find Yourself

It's groovy, but it does feel a little empty in places - Scooby Snacks is fun, the cover of We Have All The Time In The World is criminal.

CD#102 The Fratellis - Costello Music

I once played a gig in Camden that took three hours to get to because of roadworks, the audience comprised of four drunk American ladies who weren't there to listen to music and the bloke running the P.A. was covering for the usual guy and only had one CD to play between acts. . .
As a consequence it was a long time before I listened to Costello Music again, but I have done once or twice and there's quite a bit that I like, as long as I suppress the memories of that endless night.

CD#103 The Cranberries - Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?

There's more to this than just the two singles, but they're probably the best bits.

CD#104 Barenaked Ladies - Gordon

I don't own as much of their stuff as I should, only this and a Greatest Hits 1991 - 2001.
I used to have great fun singing If I had $1,000,000 in the car with my daughter, I won't embarrass her by letting on that it took a while to explain the "but not a real green dress, that's cruel" line.

No comments:

Post a Comment