Thursday 28 April 2016

Day 46

CD#193 Eva Cassidy - Songbird

A Christmas present from the year when she was posthumously popular in the UK. A sad story but a lovely voice.

CD#194 Julia Nunes - Settle Down

I first heard Julia on YouTube, playing a cover of a Counting Crows song. She got quite a following on the back of quirky videos, mostly of covers, shot alone or with friends. Sadly, due to her career getting serious, a lot of them have been removed from YouTube. This was her first crowd-funded CD and the enclosed booklet has my name on it somewhere.

CD#195 Marcella Detroit - Jewel

Hopefully this was one of my Britannia freebies, because while I like "I Believe" there's not much else going for it.

CD#196 Meshell Ndegeocello - The World Has Made Me The Man Of My Dreams

There have been four albums released since I bought this, none of which I have heard. I shall have to do something about that.

CD#197 Invocal - Uneven Keel

Oestrogen-laden left-field acoustic music (their words, not mine), Invocal were (until 2010) "an all female acoustic act that performed with cello, guitar and four harmonious voices". Lots of fun . . . and local. 

CD#198 Muse - Origin Of Symmetry

This has my two favourite Muse songs on it, New Born and Plug In Baby, though if I'm listening via YouTube I always pick live versions as they seem to have just a bit more excitement to them even though the CD versions are pretty damn perfect.

CD#199 R.E.M. - Monster

There's more to this than I remembered, though they could have eased up on the use of tremolo a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment