Sunday 17 April 2016

Day 35

CD#143 Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Blood and Chocolate

For me this is the last great album recorded with the Attractions. There are two more but I've only heard one, so it's possible I might be wrong.

CD#144 Richard Thompson - Front Parlour Ballads

This is why listening to all my CDs was a good idea - I'd forgotten all about this and it's really good.

CD#145 Jeff Beck - Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop

 I'm not a huge Jeff Beck fan, but I bought this to see if I'd change my mind. There might be something he's done that I'd like but this isn't it. It's well played, just not my thing.

CD#146 Radiohead - Pablo Honey

Even people who like Radiohead don't all rate this album highly, but I like it a lot.

CD#147 Counting Crows - Underwater Sunshine (or What We Did on Our Summer Vacation)

Another Counting Crows album I've hesitated about buying, even though I've listened to (and enjoyed) two of the songs recorded here (performed live) on YouTube a number of times.
It's an album of cover versions, some by artists I've heard of (Big Star, Travis, Fairport Convention) and some I know nothing about (Pure Prairie League, Dawes, Coby Brown).

No comments:

Post a Comment