Thursday 14 April 2016

Day 32

CD#135 Talk Talk - Laughing Stock

Their last studio album, apparently "the recording process has long been described as one of the most arduous and prone to control freakitude ever." though you wouldn't know it to listen to the resulting music.

CD#136 Cocteau Twins - Milk And Kisses

Another last studio album. It was never going to usurp Treasure as my favourite Cocteau Twins album, but it's still pretty good.

CD#137 Public Image Ltd. - Public Image: First Issue

This is certainly ground-breaking in terms of the post-punk landscape but I bought it (the original vinyl rather than this CD) having heard the single Public Image, and as far as I can recall I was mostly disappointed. My favourite track is probably Fodderstompf which the drummer described as “Not even a song just a wank, ripping off our fans. It still turns my stomach thinking about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment