Friday 15 April 2016

Day 33

CD#138 Etienne Mbappe - Misaya

Another bass player discovered via Steve Lawson and Myspace, another album where not understanding the words doesn't spoil the experience whatsoever.

CD#139 Queen - A Day At The Races

I've got a few albums bought because I didn't really have much by a particular band or singer and thought I ought to buy some, and in this instance I picked up this and News Of The World.
There are some Queen songs that I love (Somebody To Love is most definitely one) and a lot that I'm fairly indifferent to, but while they don't really grab me they're worth another listen.

CD#140 Counting Crows - Somewhere Under Wonderland

For some reason I didn't rush to buy this despite loving the first song I heard from it (Palisades Park, great video too) but finally here I am. There are a couple of other songs that jump out on first listen but it might take a few more listens before I decide where it sits. It's ok, but it's no August And Everything After.

No comments:

Post a Comment