Friday 22 April 2016

Day 40

CD#166 P.I.L. - Metal Box

I've got one of the original vinyl copies of this, and was amused to get the CD in a smaller tin, but I'm not a huge fan of either ;O)

CD#167 Juliet Turner - Burn The Black Suit

I definitely prefer the backing and arrangements on her live album but the songs are still great.

CD#168 Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking

Written at the same time as The Wall, there is inevitably a Floyd feel to it even without Roger's familiar vocals. It's more of a complete piece but there aren't any stand out individual moments as a consequence. I haven't heard it for a while and it's much better than I'd remembered.

CD#169 The Decemberists - The King Is Dead

This band have been a source of great joy for me in the last few months, and this is another cracking album.

CD#170 Therapy? - Troublegum

Three songs are huge fun, the rest are less so - that's better than The La's !

No comments:

Post a Comment