Wednesday 27 April 2016

Day 45

CD#188 Beth Rowley - Little Dreamer

I can't remember how I came to buy this, as it's not something I'd usually look out for. Having said that the songs are good and well played, and she has a lovely voice. So despite it not being "my sort of thing" I like it a lot.

CD#189 Split Enz - True Colours

As far as I can recall, my first encounter with Split Enz was I Got You, which made my reaction to their earlier work more pronounced. It's more conventional than the glorious wackiness of something like Stranger Than Fiction, but still good to hear again.

CD#190 The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

My favourite of the albums I have (three or four), I'm wondering if I should buy some more.

CD#191 Moses - The Swimming Zoo

Their first album, full of good songs and lovely harmonies.

CD#192 The Monkees - The Definitive Monkees

I was heartbroken when told that they didn't play their own music (even though by that time they had been doing so for years). Regardless of who wrote what and who played what, The Monkees are/were/always will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment