Friday 29 April 2016

Day 48

CD#205 John Watts - Ether Beep Start

"The essence of 'Ether', my voice, guitar and basic grooves, was recorded at home on a laptop. The plan was to go out with a Mac, an audio interface, microphones and other minimal equipment, to a number of international locations where I had some contacts to just let things happen. In the beginning I planned to record songs in specific places. It soon became clear that the best approach was to meet people, most of them for the first time, play them a few of the tracks and gauge which ones they could best contribute to. We ended up working with some 30 people in the UK, New York and Europe."

It's remarkable that without reading the above I'd have said that it was recorded conventionally in a studio. Either way it's good stuff.


CD#206 Catherine Maclellan - Dark Dream Midnight/Water In The Ground

A Canadian singer-songwriter, she lives on Prince Edward Island, and having had a quick look around it on Google street view, who can blame her, it looks as peaceful and lovely as these songs.

CD#207 Liam Dullaghan - Making History

A local lad, a brilliant debut solo album.

CD#208 Marillion - Script For Jester's Tear

The most varied and interesting of their albums for me, and my favourite.

CD#209 Nickel Creek - A Dotted Line

Their most recent album and currently the only one I've bought, I should buy some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment