Tuesday 19 April 2016

Day 37

CD#152 The Ruts - Something That I Said

This is a Best Of album and I love half of it - they were, for me, a little hit and miss.

CD#153 The Finn Brothers - Everyone Is Here

Tim (and for a while, Neil) Finn from Split Enz and Neil (and for a while, Tim) Finn from Crowded House.

CD#154 Be Bop Deluxe - Live! In The Air Age

A live album, featuring song from their first three albums plus a couple of older songs.

CD#155 The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

What a band, ridiculously earnest lyrics yet sometimes gloriously silly, sublime guitar playing and cool hair. Four albums in four years . . . and done.

CD#156 Jonatha Brooke - Live In New York

Like the Juliet Turner Live CD this is far more than a live Best Of - my copy included a DVD of the songs on the CD - this is a recording that can hold its head up high in comparison with any of her studio albums and in some ways it far exceeds them. I was lucky to see Jonatha live at The Stables (with another musician I love to hear, Gail Ann Dorsey on bass) but even that night pales in comparison to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment