Friday 29 April 2016

Day 47

CD#200 Elvis Costello - This Year's Model

Probably my favourite, a superb album from start to finish.

CD#201 XTC - The Big Express

Andy Partridge obviously had fun with the Linn LM-1 on this, though I'd have dialed it back a touch if it had been up to me. Despite that this one of my top 5 XTC albums.

CD#202 Jonatha Brooke - Plumb

Though it says Jonatha Brooke + The Story on the case, this is the first solo album, and everything that makes Jonatha's music special begins here, great stuff.

 CD#203 Jennifer Kimball - Oh Hear Us

The other half of The Story with Jonatha Brooke, this is her second solo album (which came in the post this morning). It's perfectly fine but not begging me to buy the other one.

CD#204 Fela Kuti - Music Is The Weapon

A 2 CD Best Of with a DVD documentary that I still haven't got round to watching yet, I really must rectify that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment