Tuesday 26 April 2016

Day 44

CD#183 Thunderclap Newman - Hollywood Dream

Their only album, it has Pete Townshend on bass. The single is good but there's not much else to get excited about.

CD#184 The Congos - Heart Of The Congos

This pops up on Top Album charts a lot, which is what encouraged me to buy it recently. Released in 1977, when I was listening to Elvis Costello, Sex Pistols and The Ramones, it feels like something from a generation before, though that's not necessarily a bad thing.

CD#185 Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - In Step

He's a fantastic player, and I like his voice which is great for his style of music, but I'm not enough of a fan to be able to sit through two albums in a row (sometimes even the whole of one) without getting bored. This is true of a number of the CDs I own but SRV is noticeably consistent in his ability to satisfy my cravings for his music in a short space of time :O)

CD#186 The Incisors - Demos/We All Have Stories

The Incisors describe themselves as "turbo melodic pop rock" and sound like a lot of post punk/new wave stuff I listened to in the 80s. I bought these two CDs after seeing them play at The Cavern Pub in Liverpool (IIRC they were on just before the band I was playing in - Rogue State Circus) and really enjoying their set, particularly the song "Indonesia" which is possibly one of the best songs ever written.

 CD#187 Counting Crows - This Desert Life

Second to August And Everything After in my personal CC chart, Mrs Potter's Lullaby is one of my favourites of their songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment