Tuesday 12 April 2016

Day 30

CD#124 Curtis E Johnson - The Compleat Unknown

It was in the genial company of Curtis that I first tasted sweetcorn . . . and LSD, though probably not at the same time.

CD#125 Paul Simpson - Noise With A Purpose

A solo guitar-and-pedal-based explosion before he went and found jazz. Nice.

CD#126 Sharon Van Etten - Are We There

 An earlier album is titled "epic" which would appear to have been premature after a couple of listens to this.

CD#127 My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges

I  bought this after watching a live performance of I'm Amazed on Letterman that I stumbled upon on YouTube, the majority of the tracks don't quite reach the same height, but it's not bad. 

CD#128 Grandaddy - Below The Radio

This is not as I had thought, an album by Grandaddy. It's a mixtape put together by Jason Lytle of Grandaddy, which includes tracks by people I've heard of, including Giant Sand, The Handsome Family, Pavement and unexpectedly, Snow Patrol - plus a lot I'm hearing for the first time.

CD#129 Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions - Through The Devil Softly

Described as dream-pop, this is another Exmouth Market purchase, the two main members are the singer who is from a band called Mazzy Star and the drummer from My Bloody Valentine, who writes, sings and plays various instruments. Very relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment