Thursday 7 April 2016

Day 25

Day#111 Ry Cooder - My Name Is Buddy

This is "the story of Buddy Red Cat, Lefty Mouse and Reverend Tom Toad in the days of labor, big bosses, farm failures, strikes, company cops, sundown towns, hobos and trains . . . the America of yesteryear".

CD#112 Various - Northampton Under Glass

This is a compilation of various Northampton post-punk bands first released on cassette in 1981 as part of Northampton's Music Collective once featured on The Old Grey Whistle Test with a fledgling Housemartins playing an exchange gig in town. It has two tracks on it which weren't on the original cassette, one of which was part-written by and featured the tortured vocals of . . . me. Not recommended ;O)  I have never received a penny in royalties, but such is life.

CD#113 The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

I like The White Stripes, though sometimes I like the idea of The White Stripes more than I like The White Stripes. My Doorbell is ok though.

CD#114 Counting Crows - August And Everything After

Apart from the upbeat Mr Jones it's quite a melancholy album, which suited my mood at the time quite well.

CD#115 Tubeway Army - Replicas

I have this on vinyl which has a small scratch on it that makes a small squeak at the beginning of Down In The Park, a consequence of lending it to a girl I liked.
She told me she'd accidentally scratched it and I assured her that it was fine despite my horror at the damage, and never let on about the squeak.
Because I listened to it a lot I can still hear that squeak even when I listen to the CD . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment